Sixth Form Agreement
What is the Sixth Form Agreement? An Agreement between staff & Sixth Form Students that is distibuted to students at the start of each academic year.
All Sixth Formers sign a Sixth Form Agreement at enrolment which is then sent to parents. The Agreement outlines our expectations of students and what they can expect of us…
In order to ensure a successful partnership between students and the college:
- Staff will plan sufficiently challenging and differentiated lessons, in order to ensure you reach your full potential.
- Staff will be courteous and respectful when dealing with you.
- You will be given a named mentor as a first point of contact who will support you during your time in college.
- The college will provide you with a written profile of your progress and support you in identifying areas for improvement.
- The college will provide you with appropriate guidance when applying for Further/Higher Education, an apprenticeship or employment.
In order to ensure a successful partnership between myself and the college:
- I understand that I will work to the best of my ability to complete the courses I have chosen and to meet the work deadlines set. If the college considers I am not doing this then I accept that targets for improvement will be set.
- I understand that I will attend all time- tabled classes and other events the College requires me to attend. I understand that course changes must be made by October half-term.
- I understand that any absence will be accompanied by a courtesy telephone call to reception by 8:30am on the day of absence. Tel: 01273 815 442. I will not be absent except for unavoidable reasons and illness. I will provide a reason for my absence, in writing, on my return to College. I accept that if I have a bursary this may affect my payment.
- I understand that I must be punctual and give reasons for lateness in an appropriate manner.
- I understand that College is a place of work, and that I must behave in a way which respects the rights of others and which is courteous and safe. I accept that if I fail to do this I will be asked to leave the lesson and will do so.
- I understand that College is a partnership between students and staff, and that we will try to resolve differences in a calm and constructive way, but that steps will be taken where there is a failure to maintain the Sixth Form Code.